Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cadaques


Today was chosen to be a "beach" day, so off we headed towards the coastal town of Cadaques, about an hour from Figueres.
 

Had to go over some mountains to get there.
We decided to park near the beach and walk into town for some lunch before we hit the beach.



With all the blue and white, it sort of reminds me of Greece.


We decided to get the noodle version of paella, for a change.  We also got the black sauce, which I think is squid ink.  It was kind of smoky tasting, and very delicious.  It tasted better than it looks.  I enjoyed this one much more than the rabbit and chicken paella that we had in Valencia.  In general, I am not crazy about having to work so hard to eat my food, pulling things out of shells, and scraping things off of bones.  I prefer to just be able to stick my fork in there and eat it.


There's a small, very crowded beach right in the center of Cadaques.


And lots of boats out in the harbor.


After lunch we drove a little farther and found this delightful little beach.


After the beach we drove north for a bit.


Love these olive trees!




One last look at Cadaques before heading back to Figueres.


And one more last look.


The sky did something special on our way back to Figueres.

No comments: