Thursday, July 16, 2015

Beach and Palma


When I'm on vacation, I like to go to the beach, at least a little bit.  We kept trying, but it didn't work out as well as I was hoping that it would.  I will admit I am spoiled rotten by the beautiful sandy beaches we have in Maryland.  The scenery isn't as spectacular as you'll find in other places, but the beaches are extremely accessible and the sand is excellent.
 
The beaches with the best sand in Spain, as far as I can tell, are the "city" beaches, which tend not to have the relaxed vibe that I crave, along with my sunshine, sand, and water.  The scenic ones tend to be rocky and somewhat hard to get to.  On our third day in Mallorca, I was determined to have an excellent beach experience, so I chose one of the most highly rated uncrowded beaches I could find, whose name escapes me at this point.
 
We had to hike about a half mile down a rather rugged and rocky trail to get there and I was thinking the entire time "I hope it's worth it."
 

You can see a tiny bit of the water in the distance just at the top of the trees behind the path.  It's pretty far away.


It was a lovely beach with beautiful sand and clear water. Not exactly deserted though, and there was trash in the water - cigarette butts, etc.  We still managed to have a lovely time there in spite of that.

Next we headed down to Palma which is the main big city on the island of Mallorca.


Saw this castle along the way.


Dog walker in Palma


A fountain in the park near the water's edge


The Cathedral


At the top of one of the city walls.


Big Bubbles


Entrance to the Cathedral


Some street views




No comments: