Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5, Evening Stroll

Today I decided to take it easy.  After I slept in until about 11:00, I went and picked up some lunch and took it over to Doug at the Conservatoire.  Then I picked up my rental bass and spent the afternoon practicing.

I had read somewhere that on Thursdays the Orsay Museum is open until 8:00 and the last hour is free, so I got it into my head that I would wisk Doug off for a short bit of art viewing the second he got back from the festival.  Somehow it didn't work out - by the time we got there they weren't letting people in anymore.

So we went to a restaurant nearby and I got a huge piece of quiche and a salad and Doug got his usual Salade Nicoise.  After that we walked down Blvd St. Germain, through the Latin Quarter, and in the direction of Luxembourg Gardens, admiring the beautiful sights along the way.












Of course Luxembourg Gardens was closed so we walked around the perimeter, peeking in through the fence.  I guess we'll just have to save that one for the next time we go to Paris.


After that we walked to and around the Montparnasse area.  There's a lot of nightlife in this section of town.  We ALMOST went into a jazz club, but it was ridiculously expensive.  We couldn't afford it, and Doug had to get up early the next day, so we continued on our way.  The red neon sign on the building below says "Charlie Birdy" hahaha.  Cute.


This area was pretty far away from our hotel so we got on the metro and headed back.  Our little evening outing ended up being five hours long.  How time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: