Wednesday, December 21, 2011

CHINA!!!


Well I'm back, surprise, surprise.  For a while there it seemed like Facebook, which I finally got around to joining at the end of October, was destined to completely replace blogging as my primary recreational online activity.  Although I still enjoy reading blogs, I would definitely say that my own material has been in a serious state of decline for quite some time.  Facebook just makes it so easy to see what my pals in real life are doing and what they are thinking about.  And there's also a whole lot more silliness happening on Facebook, which I obviously find quite appealing.

Anyway, I'm here in China for a couple of weeks, touring with the fabulous and award-winning Park Avenue Chamber Symphony , aka the New York Symphony for the time that we are in China.  I feel very fortunate to have been given an opportunity to tour with this very excellent group.  And they even gave me a nice fuzzy red scarf!


We have an extremely grueling schedule, which I will detail in future posts, but people in this group are wonderful to travel with and it is a thrill to be able to perform in so many cities all over eastern China.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Godspeed. I'm very excited (if slow) to read of your travels!

Cyndy said...

Thanks Kristin. I have a feeling that I have a major chore ahead of me, but it will be worth it when I'm finished. It was a rather whirlwind trip and I don't want my memories of it to be just a blur.