Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Last Day

For the last day of our trip, our goal was to drive along the coast as much as possible, hit the beach, have a nice meal, and get back to the airport in time for our early evening flight.  When we arrived at Deer Lake State Park we knew we had found our beach:












We found our nice meal at Uncle Ernie's in the very picturesque St. Andrews section of Panama City.  It seems like every single meal we had on this trip was outstanding, and the grouper sandwich at Uncle Ernie's was no exception.

The dock of the restaurant where we had lunch.  I guess some people go there by boat.


People who live in Florida get to have their very own orange tree right in their back yard.


Tire Art - this house's side yard was full of hanging parrot planters mad out of tires.



Heading Home


The Endless Horizon

 
High Altitude Sunset


5 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

I enjoyed the pics from your trip - especially the New Orleans photos. We had planned a similar vacation several years ago, including the drive along the coast between New Orleans and Florida. We changed our plans at the last minute because a hurricane was heading that way. We ended up going to New Mexico instead, and the hurricane missed.

Cyndy said...

Well New Mexico is cool too!

I've previously only been on the highway between Florida and New Orleans and several times it was after they'd recently had hurricanes there. Even just along the highway the devastation is appalling. The vegetation eventually recovers but I guess some of the buildings never do. I saw some of that this last time when I finally got to visit the city itself.

lacochran's evil twin said...

When you titled this "Last Day", I didn't think it meant Last Day of your blog...?

Barbara said...

I can't believe I missed the fact that you were in my hometown (Panama City). It's a sleepy little place that still has some real beauty amidst the condos. It was in St. Andrews that we could buy (unshucked) oysters for 2 cents apiece.

Cyndy said...

Sorry for the tardy replies!

lacochran - That would have been a nice subtle way to announce that I was through with blogging. I'm going to try to jump start myself back into it by posting every day this month. Wish me luck!

Barbara - I thought about you when we went there kind of on the spur of the moment. It is a very sweet and charming little southern town and I'm glad we had a chance to visit.