Saturday, July 21, 2007

It was nobody...with the lamp....in the bedroom

Perhaps, but I really haven’t a CLUE!!!

So I was at a rehearsal the other night. After the break the piano player says “I guess you probably noticed that they have a candle burning upstairs in the bathroom.” I said “yeah I noticed….it creeped me out a little bit….but it’s not my house”.

That was supposed to be funny, but it might have come across as mean. I’m trying to be a little more lighthearted about this whole thing with varying degrees of success. I said “Not all houses burn down just because someone lit a candle.” Then he said “you know my son’s girlfriend’s house burned down and it was caused by a lamp.” I said “Doug thinks that the lamp was to blame for our fire and for some reason I am starting to believe that too, but for the longest time I thought it was the candle.” So sometimes lamps can cause fires and sometimes candles do not cause fires.

Eventually I might figure out what this all means…..DUH. I’m very sorry that yet another person has had to go through having a fire, but somehow I feel better knowing that lamps can cause fires too. It’s kind of pathetic, but I’m really glad he told me that. It is really a lot easier to blame a “thing” than it is to blame yourself. I think that some progress and healing may have occurred the other night. Thank you, Paul.

No comments: