Friday, January 8, 2010

Squirrels Frolicking in the Snow

This is what I do for excitement these days. There's absolutely nothing better than a little backyard squirrel action to enliven my dull existence. They were having a blast today playing in the snow. I love the way they all did a little rolling maneuver at exactly the same time. Check it out - it's pretty damn cute:




For me, with only three hours of sleep last night, this was even more exciting than a cup of coffee! And here they are running back to the deer-mangled shrubbery:


The unchewed part of that bush must be a fun place to hide!

This is all I've got. It's been pretty dull in Dullsville lately, especially during the Early January Blahs. But at least the days are getting longer now. It's much lighter outside at 5:00 than it was three weeks ago. That's not nearly as good as 9pm in June, but at least it's heading in the right direction. And there are signs of progress over at the Foam Core Fantasy. Or there will be soon.

9 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

That's like a squirrel party. In my backyard, I never see more than two squirrels chasing each other around. There are more there, but maybe they don't like each other.

Barbara said...

For some reason I couldn't get the first video to play, but I think I got the idea from the second one.

The new house really looks nice. I agree the tall stump needs to go. I can only imagine all that clean empty space inside after slogging through my basement cleaning out stuff for the last 4 hours.

Cyndy said...

Mike - Maybe they're young. They sure did have a lot of energy rolling around in the snow like that.

Barbara - Our house is definitely shaping up. We are pretty much "only" doing the stuff that is necessary to pass the final inspection, so some of the still needed cosmetic things are on hold for now, but hopefully not indefinitely.

Kristin said...

I'm always happy when the days starting getting longer again, a little bit lighter. All's right with the world. And the squirrels.

rachaelgking said...

Awwwww, I love this! Squirrels climb up and down our building and the cats go crazy... HILARIOUS.

LP said...

I think if we could hear what the squirrels are saying it would be something like this: "Peanut! Peanut! Peanut! I know I put a peanut somewhere around here. Where is it?? Peanut! What's all this white stuff? No peanut here! Maybe over there? Peanut! Peanut! Oh no, someone else is going to get to it first. Peanut! Peanut! Peanut! Hey, it's cold out here. My fur is wet. What the...??? Peanut! Peanut! Peanut!"

Cyndy said...

Kristin - Yeah light is good. And it's extra light when there's snow on the ground so the squirrels (and me) are extra happy.

Lilu - My cat Ted used to enjoy watching the squirrels. Now I'm the main squirrel watcher.

Tom - Thank you for that lovely narration. It will immensely enhance my future viewings of this video. And there will be future viewings because I am very easily amused.

Reya Mellicker said...

The squirrel vids are fabulous! Bravo!

Sorry you're having January blahs ... does it help to know you're not the only one? It's really going around!

Cyndy said...

Thanks Reya, Isn't January when they celebrate Blahfest DC? If not, then I think they should. It's definitely going around.