Friday, May 22, 2009

big day today

This morning I had to get up super early so that I could attend the music department's graduation ceremony at 9AM. It's hard to believe that this school year is over. It went by pretty fast. I am so grateful for having been given the opportunity to finish my M.M. degree with the help of a teaching assistantship. I definitely wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise. And I loved the teaching part at least as much as I did the learning part. I am also grateful to all of my teachers who I learned so much from during all of this. They inspired me to work hard enough to graduate with straight A's! So yay them and yay me!

Now that I'm finished with school I can finally get back to building my house. So maybe that goal will also be accomplished this year - who knows? I got called for another ship gig (in the Mediterranean) yesterday, but I can't do that again until my house is finished, which is a bummer. But for now, finishing our house and moving back in is my number one goal.

However my more immediate goal (for the next hour) is to rest up for two back to back gigs this afternoon and evening. Have a great weekend!

She's thinking "Wow, I finally finished something!"

8 comments:

Brother Without Order said...

Don't know you at all but congratulations on your success.

Kristin said...

Congratulations! What an exciting day.

rachaelgking said...

CONGRATS, lovebug!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cyndi! You are a true inspiration.

Lyle Jaffe

Barbara said...

Congrats on your new degree. It sounds like you really enjoyed getting this one. The shades are a nice addition to the cap and gown...

Are you going to go on for a PhD now? :)

Cyndy said...

Thanks you guys. It feels good to have completed something like this. I'm hoping it sets the tone for the completion of another big project.

bozoette said...

Congratulations!! Good for you!

lacochran said...

Congrats! Well done!