Thursday, September 8, 2005

How I originally became inspired to play the bass

My roommate from my senior year in college played the bass. I played piano and accompanied her on her junior recital. She is one of my permanent lifetime best friends. During college I was so wrapped up in the piano that I never dreamed that I would end up playing bass. I was always fascinated to watch Jennifer playing in all of the school ensembles. It just looked like so much fun! I was so happy that I got to play piano for her recital, and she even gave me a bass lesson. I had no idea at the time that this would eventually lead to me starting lessons for real several years later. It was a strange feeling to be a beginner on a new instrument at that age, and since I was just doing it for fun I did not expect much to come of it. Little did I know that it would eventually take over my life. Thanks Jennifer!

No comments: