Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4, Marmotten Museum

After the Eiffel Tower, I walked back across the river and headed west to the Marmotten Museum.  [A] on the map.  I picked up a sandwich along the way and ate it as I walked.


The guidebook said it was an untouristy place that featured a lot of Monet and other french painters.  That sounded right up my alley.  You can see the building in the photo below.  It was a large old city house, with great architectural details inside and was a wonderful place to look at paintings.  You could get really close and it wasn't crowded at all.  I went through the entire place twice, because I could.


Afterwards there was a lovely park on the way as I headed back towards the hotel.






I stopped in at the bass shop and made arrangements to rent a bass for a couple of days.  Ten days is an awfully long time to go without playing, and I didn't want my calluses to completely fall off.


In the evening I hung out with Doug.  We got something to eat and then went to a concert at the International Trombone Festival.


Afterwards we wandered around for a bit before heading back to our hotel.  We have become totally addicted to walking for the sake of walking in Paris.  There's just so much to see!



No comments: