Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pensacola!

I'm finally getting to take a real vacation.  It's the first one in ages.  I don't even want to think about how long it's been.  So you can imagine I was quite excited to be up amongst the clouds.  I love riding on airplanes! 




We flew into the new airport near Panama City because the airfare there was much cheaper than flying into Pensacola and we also wanted to visit some of that area as well.

We got to stay in a lovely Chinese-themed beach house, courtesy of our friends Don and Holly.  The view from our bedroom almost looks like the view from a cabin on a cruise ship.  It was both fun and relaxing to look out and see nothing but water.



Out on the back deck we had this view of a neighboring dock and you can see the bridge between Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach way off in the distance.



The birds on this dock were incredibly noisy every day at around 5 pm or so.  It was pretty hilarious listening to them.



2 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

What pretty beach scenes!

Cyndy said...

Thank you! Yes, I think it was almost as beautiful there as all of the places I've been in the Caribbean - just not as warm.