Saturday, November 29, 2008

It doesn't take much

Here are ten things that have made me very happy recently:
1. The weather has warmed up to a somewhat normal temperature.
2. Doug has put most of the floorboards down on the back porch and has finished nailing most of what he has put down.
3. Yesterday we finished putting up all of the Tyvek inside the back porch and we put up most of the rest of the siding inside the porch. It will look even nicer when it is finished
4. Today I put up most of the rest of the siding on the outside of the back porch. I'm just waiting for Doug to cut the final piece. It will look even nicer when it is finished.
5. Today we took down most of the scaffolding on the south side and some of it on the north side. It will look even nicer once it is all down.
6. Today Doug finished putting up the soffit trim on the north side so the north side is almost finished. It will look even nicer when it is finished.
7. Today we loaded up the truck with a huge amount of construction trash and I drove it to the dump and they didn't make me go in the truck part which is great because I forgot my dust mask.
8. We might actually finish most of the outside of the FoamCoreFantasy before we start working on the inside. Maybe. But I'm not holding my breath.
9. Most of the things we've done recently are much closer to being actually finished than usual.
10. I was able to accurately use the word "most" more often than the word "some" for a change, in describing our recent accomplishments on the house. I'm happier than usual about our progress because "most" is much closer to "all" than "some" is.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Those things make me happy, too. Hurray for progress!

Barbara said...

This is such a daunting project for two people with other lives to take on. Kudos to the house-builders! May you find a time to use ALL in the next year.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

And I complain about not having time to do laundry or vacuuming... You certainly put things into perspective! I'm impressed by all the progress.

Cyndy said...

Thanks you guys. We had a nice burst of energy during the past couple of days. It's certainly a lot easier to work productively when all of the frustration is overcome by enthusiasm. Unfortunately I am easily frustrated when I have to work outside in cold weather, especially when I can't wear gloves for whatever it is that I'm doing. I'm hoping December is unseasonably warm - that would be awesome!

rachaelgking said...

Congrats! It's always so much easier once you're over the peak and the finish line is in sight.