Friday, May 2, 2008

Anything Goes

I think I like this show even better than “Kiss Me Kate” which I used to think was my favorite Cole Porter show. Anything Goes is my new favorite. This was a high school production, but it paid decently and I was able to keep myself very amused.

Here are a few things:

1. Check out what the editor and publisher, or maybe even Cole Porter himself, wrote into the bass part!!! That’s pretty funny!















2. There were two dog characters in the show. One was played by a real live dog and the other was played by a stuffed animal. The guy who played the owner of the stuffed dog had to carry him around for most of the show, pretending he was real. It was pretty amusing. There wasn't a whole lot of interaction between the two dogs, obviously.




3. And the favorite quote for this show is:
"I don't think Erma picked that guy for the length of his pants!"

No comments: