Wednesday, September 12, 2007

maybe I should start another blog

So I've been doing the bright and cheerful news about our house progress on a different blog so that I could keep it separate from the more dismal facts of my existence that not too many people really want to know about.

I've actually been writing about my experiences ever since the fire happened but I was not really aware of the fact at the time that I could do it in a blogging format. If I end up doing it I'm going to have to see if there is a way to post-date the stuff I've written previously so that it stays somewhat chronological, relative to when it was written or to when the stuff happened. We'll see if I get around to it.

It has been interesting (to me at least) to observe the differences in the way I have felt about things before, during, and after the fire and the rebuilding process. Some of the changes in my life that occurred as a result of this pretty awful experience have not been what I would have expected, but it seems like a lot of the bad stuff paves the way for a much improved future. And I have learned more about myself as a result going through all of this than I would have otherwise. So I guess I will continue to write about whatever phase I happen to be in until we are finally back in our house for good.

And apparently I did manage to figure out how to change the date!

No comments: