Friday, October 17, 2008

tagged

So I was just "tagged" by Sing Like Sassy. This has never happened to me before, but I've heard of it at least. It seems to be some kind of blogging game where, in order to be a good sport, you list seven things about yourself and then you list seven bloggers that you are going to tag and then you go write in their comment section that you've tagged them. It seems like a friendly enough little game. I hope people don't get bugged when I tag them. Who should I tag? I guess people from my link list would be convenient, for me anyway - but maybe not for them! So I apologize in advance if I've suddenly become a nuisance. I promise if I ever get tagged again, I'll go after random people that I don't "know" and see what happens but for now, the first seven people on my reading list, bozoette, candy sandwich, destination portland, scenic wheaton, looking2live, not yet a wino, and big piece of cake, hey this is a rather delicious sounding list......
you all are it!!!

Here are the official rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

And here are the seven random/weird facts:
1. I'm slightly ambidextrous - I deal cards and money with my left hand and when my right hand gets tired of hammering nails, I rest it by switching to my left hand.
2. I really like going to the movies alone.
3. I had a paper route for a couple of years in elementary school.
4. When I was a kid I wanted to become a vagabond who rode the rails across the country and did odd jobs in strange towns for a living.
5. There was a period of about 5 years when, except for my shoes and underwear, I literally made everything I wore, including bathing suits and a winter coat.
6. When I was in college I used to drive my VW bug down sidewalks and across fields at 3:00 in the morning because it both alarmed and amused my friends (and me).
7. I like being way up in the air - in an airplane, skyscraper, or hot air balloon; on a mountain, ski lift, rollercoaster, or ferris wheel - you name it. I used to sit up in a tree and read books when I was younger.

So now it's time to go tag everyone.....

11 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Okay - I'll have to think about this one... Hard to do since I've already done a lot of "confessing" on my site.

I wish I could sew. One of my biggest regrets is never learning. But I like going to movies by myself too! It's been quite a few years though...

Cyndy said...

I hadn't sewn anything for ages until quite recently. I have a new sewing machine that is a little bit intimidating in its fanciness.

I have no expectations as far as this tagging deal goes. I thought I'd do it just this once. I'm one of those nasty people who always breaks email chains.

Scenic Wheaton said...

Okay, your 7 unusual facts were hilarious. Especially that little bit about making your own clothes and driving your VW down sidewalks late at night.

Kristin said...

I'm working on my list while very much enjoying yours. I don't know if I've got anything good, though.

Barbara said...

I feel like I know you so much better having read your list. I will come up with something comparable, but probably not as amusing, sometime this week!

lacochran's evil twin said...

Wow--you made your own bathing suit. I am in awe!

Cyndy said...

Evil Twin - I actually made about six bathing suits between the ages of 14 and 24. The easiest ones were the triangle bikinis, but I made some fancy ones too. Those days are long gone!

You guys don't need to feel obligated to make a list. It must be because I am back in school that I suddenly became so OCD about following all of those various instructions. It was the very first time I've ever been tagged so I felt slightly honored and I thought I should "obey" all of the rules to show my appreciation. I probably won't be as appreciative the next time it happens. If you make a list, I know I'll enjoy see what you put on it.

Cyndy said...

I really need to start proofreading my comments - and my posts. Lately I've been publishing grammatical errors and typos here, there, and everywhere.

bozoette said...

I finally got around to doing my list! Thanks for tagging me -- I actually like to get tagged.

MyCatTom said...

RE: 4. When I was a kid I wanted to become a vagabond who rode the rails across the country and did odd jobs in strange towns for a living.

So now you ride planes, trains, and automobiles (and buses) across the country to play odd jobs in strange towns for a living.

Kind of like when I was 18 I thought I would end up a freelance cellist teaching theory at the college level and I ended up a freelance baritone saxophonist teaching jazz theory at the college level.

Who knew??

Cyndy said...

Bozoette - thanks for playing! I noticed you seem to like making lists.

Tom - well I am regrettably not doing much travelling at the moment. But you are right - you never know what you'll end up doing, especially at age 18. I thought I was going to be a piano teacher with a studio that looked out over the ocean - or teach college level theory. I didn't expect to become a construction worker. A truck driver, maybe, but not a construction worker.